"It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubborness of the inorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed." - Albert Einstein

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

I aspire to a stubbornly incorrigible nonconformity. The degree to which I have achieved my aspiration I leave in the capable hands of those whose wisdom and humilty exceed my own.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Good Day

I have been feeling better the last few days and my oxygen saturation was up to 95% this morning. We are trying me off of oxygen now and I am maintaining 95%. It is good to be untethered from the long oxygen tubing; I've still got my feeding pump to whcih I am attached.

I have a couple of meetings this weekend but in the interests of not relapsing I think I will stay home. One of the meetings is relocating to my house tomorrow. That means I probably need to do a little cleaning and clearing up today.

Our family is planning a vacation for September. We will be going to Oceanside California where we have a time share reserved. We will get to visit family including my favorite niece and nephew and their new babies. We will also visit some friends.

On the trip down we are going through Las Vegas so that we can stop at Mario Battali's restaurant. Even though I can't eat this is so important to me. Years ago, when I was really sick, my almost a sister good friend Kathy, who was also struggling with cancer, decided that when we were better we would meet up in Las Vegas for dinner at Mario Battali's. Kathy died before we could ever make that trip and I just didn't feel right about making that trip without her.

Recently though, I have decided that this is something I want to do, to honor Kathy's memory. Kathy was a remarkable woman; a strident advocate for what is right, especially when it came to her child.

When Kathy died she left a husband and her son. I have been emailing her husband, Lane, and about them meeting us in Las Vegas to complete this circle, and it looks like it might happen. This  makes me happy.

It is ironic, now that I can't eat or drink anything I'm going to this restaurant. Life is funny that way sometimes. Not ha ha funny, just funny.

No comments: