"It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubborness of the inorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed." - Albert Einstein

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

I aspire to a stubbornly incorrigible nonconformity. The degree to which I have achieved my aspiration I leave in the capable hands of those whose wisdom and humilty exceed my own.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Time for a decision

I have been trying to post a new blog entry every two or three days, so I decided to discipline myself to write another post today, even though I am struggling a little bit.

It has been a challenging couple of days for me. On Monday I was diagnosed with pneumonia again, just about two weeks after getting out of the hospital with pneumonia. This is seriously getting old and monotonous.

The fact that I cannot seem to remain healthy for any significant period of time has gotten me depressed and down. The last two days I spent mostly in bed feeling sorry for myself.

I am still feeling sorry for myself, but I decided to discipline myself today. I got up and got dressed, got myself ready for the day and have been up and doing a few things around the house.

I am falling back on my Buddhist teaching, specifically that I am the author of every next moment. I may not be able to choose my circumstances, but I can and do choose how I will react to my circumstances.

It feels good to be able to share this with others in person and digitally on my blog. I have received several very positive comments about my blog and appreciate that people seem to be reading it.

No comments: