I am simply appalled and I share my response to Senator Murray here.
As this nation spends literally billions of dollars daily to wage a war
I AM APPALLED!!!!
falsely claiming to be a retaliation against terrorists who were raised and
trained in Saudi Arabia and based on overstatements, exaggerations, outright
lies, and pretext to satisfy President Bush’s attempt to build his legacy on the
backs of dedicated young men and women and the bodies of Iraqis
As daily more of those same young men and women come home not in uniform but in body bags
And I could but will not go on.
I find your “Rallying against the tanker decision” to be an obscene waste of your precious time as my representative in Congress. From everything that I have read the contract was awarded to the lowest bid who provided the best value for the money proposed, which of course, will be borrowed against the futures of my children and grandchildren and …
I find it inexcusable that you
- Have been unable to find as much passion to oppose the war in Iraq
- To demand that the President acknowledge that there never were any weapons of mass destruction, terrorists from Iraq, or any terrorist training bases in Iraq, at least until the United States pressured some nations to join us in an unprovoked attack against a sovereign nation
- To publicly admit that the only planes allowed to fly immediately following the bombings in New York and Washington DC were Saudi planes allowing material witnesses sought for interview by the FBI
- Have not demanded that the President keep his word and fire any and all persons involved in the wanton release of a CIA operative’s name in retaliation for the truth spoken by her husband which was contrary to the Administration position and thus jeopardized her life and career as well as the life of her family
- Have not demanded that the President and all members of his staff fully and unequivocally comply with the provisions of the Geneva Convention and oppose all forms of inhumane or degrading treatment of prisoners and in particular denounce and reject any act of torture
- That you have not demanded that the present administration immediately cease dealing with any contracted provider who was awarded a contract without competitive bidding and demand a full accounting of all excesses, waste, and embezzlement of millions of dollars and demand that any person including Chief Operating Officers, executives, or members of the present administration who have been found to have participated in such acts receive the same type of punishment that a young black man would receive for shoplifting.